Wednesday 6 November 2013

Six Word Memoirs Debrief.

What did I learn about storytelling?
I learned a few things about storytelling through six word memoirs, I learnt its actually really hard to think of a solid story in only 6 words. I usually had over 6 words and it had me thinking of coming up with the same sentence but shorter and still getting my point across. I also learned that instead of  coming up with a 6 word story then matching it with a photo, I  found a photo I wanted to use and then just tried to think of a six word memoir that worked. It was a very long process making 8 different ones but it made me a better storyteller.
Where did i show my knowledge about using storytelling skills?
I used my knowledge of storytelling skills through my punctuation and when I had to use a comma or a period to make it more powerful. The power of the punctuation and how it can alter the sentence and how you interpret it. I used it really good on my 7th memoir "If your not first, your last." it controls the way it separates being first and last.
What did i learn as a reader, writer, thinker and storyteller? 
As a reader I learned that 6 words can be the difference between a good story and a bad story, it can show many different ways of telling a story. I learned as a thinker that it literally takes a lot of thinking in order to making a decent story. I learned as a writer that I can't half ass it and to take some time to actually think about what I'm trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment